Here is a fun video I recorded of my chickweed foraging adventure:) I also included a yummy raw recipe for you. The awesome thing about chickweed is it can survive cold weather, making it an excellent herb to consume in the winter!
Benefits of Chickweed:
- Like most wild food it is super high in vitamins and minerals (Iron, Copper, Manganese, Magnesium, Zinc, Potassium, Vitamin C and A). It is higher in iron and zinc than any domesticated green. Zinc and Iron are especially important for those who choose to be vegetarian
- Helps maintain healthy weight (contains saponins, which may help to bind fats and remove them from the body)
- Nourishing for the lungs
- Helps carry off cellular debris through our lymph system and it also helps clean out and clean up cysts
- Great for drawing out infections and soothing pain (excellent herb to add in your homemade salves and oil infusions)
- Great remedy for eye problems (sties, conjunctivitis, pink eye, etc.)
Here is a picture of a chickweed flower. Notice how it has only five petals yet looks as if it has ten
Enjoy your Best Health EVER!